In this job role, one can be expected to generate and communicate ground level value chain insights driven by data to support strategic and operational elements of the product based company
You can expect specific questions around the positioning of the company in the value chain and product/service categories in which they operate. The questions suggested below provide can serve as a good preparatory questions set for a business analyst roles across the value chain:
- What are the different structures in which agriculture businesses operate?
- How do businesses create/generate differentiated value?
- How does one go about defining the target segment while developing the value proposition?
- Which food products/commodities are more prone to price fluctuations and why?
- How are challenger brands being created at a very fast pace in a rather slow/conventional food & agribusiness industry?
- Which regions & product categories are receiving investments with the food & agribusiness?
- Who are the critical players (stakeholders) in a food & agribusiness network?
- What technology combinations can enable reduction of food losses?
- How can different players in the food distribution systems contribute to reducing food waste/losses?
- What is the role of retailers in a food distribution system?
- What are the market side challenges faced by SHFs?
- How can digital technologies support both buyers and sellers in marketing and sales management?
- Why is it important to have a complementary value proposition to build a scalable and profitable business?
- What is the role of incentives in building strong complementary partnerships?
- What type and level of tracking and traceability is needed for different players in agribusiness value chains?
If you are comfortable in answering and having a good discussion on the above questions we wish you a lot of success. If you would like to have preparation support we recommend you the following digital school courses:
- Agriculture Business Models (relevant for all business analyst roles)
- Food & agribusiness industry trends and developments (relevant for all business analyst roles)
- Introduction to Food distribution system (relevant for business analyst roles dealing with downstream)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture Extension (relevant for business analyst roles dealing with agritech and upstream players)
- Introduction to digital distribution and logistics (Relevant for all operational roles in the value chain)
- Introduction to packaging and transportation (relevant for business analyst roles related to packaging and transportation)
- Introduction to alternative foods (relevant for business analyst roles dealing with alternative food category)
- Carbon farming (relevant for analyst roles dealing with carbon farming)