This is a popular job role with mostly operating in close contact with the farmers.
You can expect specific questions around the positioning of the company in the value chain and product/service categories in which they operate. The questions suggested below can serve as a good preparatory question set for agri advisor roles.
- What is the best approach to making crop choice & crop variety decisions?
- What criteria should farmers use to get the most appropriate seeds for their cropping?
- What method/s will ensure optimal fertilizer usage?
- What are different ways to irrigate a crop? What criteria should farmers use to choose the irrigation method?
- What are crop diseases? How do you manage crop diseases? What digital innovations are supporting effective disease management?
- What are the best practices to adopt for harvesting?
- What is the current approach of smallholders while making their crop choice decision?
- What are the crop management challenges faced by smallholders?
- How can digital technologies support smallholders in improving the accessing, choosing and affording of right inputs?
- What is precision nutrition management and how can digital technologies support in precise nutrition management for crops?
- What is the difference between organic and regenerative agriculture?
- What are the advantages of zero-budget natural farming?
- What is the need for transitioning towards organic / regenerative agriculture?
- What are the Interesting developments and opportunities to look for in Agri-finance?
- What is precision agriculture? What is needed to achieve precision agriculture outcomes?
If you are comfortable in answering and having a good discussion on the above questions we wish you a lot of success. If you would like to have preparation support we recommend you the following digital school courses:
- Agriculture basics (relevant for all advisory roles)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture Extension (relevant for all advisory roles)
- Organic & regenerative agriculture (relevant for sustainable farming advisory roles)
- Introduction to Agri Finance (relevant for all advisory roles)
- Cash Flow financing in Agribusiness (relevant for all advisory roles)
- Basics of precision agriculture (relevant for tech based advisory roles)
- Carbon farming – Basics (relevant for carbon farming advisory roles)